The Whitney Hotel

The Whitney Hotel

 

Project Location:           
170 Charles St,
Boston, MA 02114

Brief Description of the Project:
Built in 1909 as nurses’ housing for Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, the historic John Jeffries House sits at the corner of Charles Street and Cambridge Street on Beacon Hill, facing the Charles River. Purchased by Related Beal in 2016, the 65-room hotel will be fully reconfigured, renovated, and expanded with a new four-story addition situated on the adjacent parking lot, including 21 new hotel rooms, a new entrance, lobby, and Peregrine, a Mediterranean restaurant and bar by the owners of Juliet in Somerville. Overall, the hotel offers a prominent gateway to Beacon Hill, extends the pattern of storefronts and facades along Charles Street, and forms a private rear courtyard for hotel guests. Hotel interiors are designed by Ealain Studio and the landscape is designed by Matthew Cunningham Landscape Design. Brand development for the hotel was designed by Korn Design.


Size of Building:
36,000 SF


Amount of Masonry Used:
​​2 1/4" Modular Full Brick = 75,375 Pieces
 

Brick Color:
Mountain Red


Project Completion Date:
2019
 

​Architect:
Hacin + Associates

Brick Distributor Supplier:
Consolidated Brick & Building Supply Company, Inc.


​Brick Manufacturer:
Interstate Brick Company